Sunday, September 2, 2007

Mike Jr. and Karen's Family Introduction

My name is Karen (Dunn) Braun and I married Susan’s oldest son just over 18 years ago. I grew up in a family of seven in a small East Texas town. My mom and dad had five children within the first ten years of their marriage. Mom held down the fort as Dad served in Vietnam as an Army Chaplain. I trusted Jesus at an early age and He became my Lord as Savior. After playing sports and graduating from high school, I left home to attend the United States Military Academy at West Point. That is where I met Michael… Mike… Mike Jr., all one in the same. We graduated together in the class of ’89 and married in July of that same year. One military tour in Germany, ten moves, three sons, and 18 years later here we are in Tallahassee, Florida with the majority of the Braun clan. I could not have married into a finer family of “in-laws”. The Lord has sustained Mike and me by His grace on our journey and our present profile looks like this: Dad teaches high school and coaches football. Mom also teaches high school (after 11 years of being home with the boys). Trey is a freshman in high school and a football player. Parker is a fifth grader and into skateboarding. And Joshua is a first grader and pretty much, happy-go-lucky. The Brauns are a much funnier lot (as in able to communicate with humor) than the crew I grew up in, so please recognize my meager attempts to add comedy as we encourage each other in our walk of faith through this blog.

No comments: