Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"I will be their God"

Start your day with this: "I will be their God." (Jeremiah 31:33) Here is all I require for today. "To make you happy you want something that will satisfy you; and is not this enough?" (Spurgeon's Morning Devotions) Yes, Lord! You have put your law within me – I have a new nature. You took my by the hand and led me out of darkness into your marvelous light – I have a new relationship with you based on real, intimate knowledge. I have forgiveness of my sin and iniquity – you remember my sin no more based on the blood of Christ shed for me.
"For who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ." (1 Cor. 2:16)
He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, whom God has made our wisdom, our righteousness and sanctification and redemption; therefore, as it is written, "Let him who boasts, boast of the Lord." (1 Cor. 1:30-31)
"…let him who glories, glory in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice and righteousness in the earth; for in these things I delight, says the Lord." (Jer. 9:23-24)
"O the depths of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God. How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways. For who has known the mind of the Lord or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid? For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen." (Romans 11:33-36)
Okay, ready for your day now? I am!

No comments: