Friday, January 11, 2008

"Behold, We Did Not Know This"

I didn’t have a good night’s sleep last night. I read Erik’s blog, Bright Wings, in the late afternoon, and he reminded me of the reality, the violence of abortion, of the murder of thousands of babies every day. I was a little irritated - I want to have peace and joy. I want to feel good about myself. Erik gave a website where I could view graphic pictures of these babies, these little ones. I didn’t go to that website. I knew it would upset me and I wanted a peaceful evening. I didn’t want to give a thought to those babies.
Then we read psalm 10 before we went to bed. “The wicked…sits in ambush… in hiding places he murders the innocent… he thinks in his heart, ‘God has forgotten, he has hidden his face, he will never see it.’ … Why does the wicked renounce God and say in his heart, ‘Thou wilt not call to account‘? Thou dost see; yes, thou dost note trouble and vexation, that thou mayest take it into thy hands; the hapless commits himself to thee; thou hast been the helper of the fatherless… O Lord, thou wilt hear the desire of the meek; thou wilt strengthn their heart, thou wilt incline thy ear to do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, so that man who is of the earth may strike terror no more."
I went to that website this morning at 6:45 AM and made myself watch the video. I'm not going to have a nice day. The terror going on today while I go about my life is going to get to me. I don’t want to forget. I want to be like my Father in heaven who cares for these babies. Will you go with me? Will you pray for an end to this? We need to be tough minded about this. Pray that the women of Four Oaks will be known as warriors for the unborn. "If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small. Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter. If you say, 'Behold, we did not know this,' does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who keeps watch over your soul know it, and will he not requite man according to his work?"

No comments: