Thursday, July 3, 2008

from study of Ephesians 1:15-22

this from Katie Hughes:
Hey Susan, I know you like to hear from us re: how we're doing in the study. Well, I just wanted to tell you how wonderful last week was for me. I learned so much. Probably the most difficult spiritual discipline for me is prayer, and it always has been. I struggle with inconsistency and distraction, finding it hard to sit still and rest in the presence of God when there is always so much going on and so much to be done. I realized last week what a wonderful resource the Word is to us, not just in Bible study, but in prayer as well. Prayers can be surprisingly simple and powerful at the same time, like Paul's prayers in Ephesians. Praying that prayer for people made me love them more, and caused me to truly desire those things for them. One person in particular I prayed for is my brother, who is 21, and rather apathetic and unmotivated these days, particularly with regard to his faith. I of course tend to worry about him and not pray for him, and praying this prayer relieved me of my worrying, forced me to confess that only God can change him, and gave me great hope for what God can do in and through him. Katie

No comments: