Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'm a Morning Person?

At our table on Tuesday night when we gathered to talk through the study of Ephesians, we each shared our prayer requests for the study. All of us wanted prayer for diligence and help in getting to the study early in the day. Someone said she wasn't a morning person but wished she were - think of all you could do before anyone was demanding something from you. Our daughter, Robin, said of her babies, "I don't care so much about the sleeping through the night. I just want them to sleep in the next morning!" I feel like my life has been a constant struggle to get enough sleep. Need I say that I am a morning person married to the champion night person? And all of our children seemed to have his bio-rhythms. Many of our friends who spent time at our home when we had a houseful of kids say they remember me curled up in the corner of the sofa with an afghan over my head, sound asleep while everyone else watched tv or chatted together.
What to do? Ask God to wake you up to his word... ask the Spirit to show you the best time to be in God's word - when you can give him the firstfruits of your time and attention. Don't worry about the when of it - just ask help in doing it sometime. Do it like you exercise - off and on all day. Plan it like you plan your work, your studies for school, your day with your children.
I'm up early today because Mike has a Bible study at 6 am on Thursday but also because I know the women at the study prayed for me to have the energy to be in God's word and the Lord is answering their prayer for me.
I'm praying for you all - that you will have a great time in his word, lavished upon you in all His glorious grace in Christ Jesus. Let's let everyone know that Four Oaks women are women of the Word.

No comments: