Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cassidy's Song

"Sing, oh Heart!
"Sing a new love song to the Lord!
Picking up my dead, lifeless body, Jesus breathed in it life and said, "You, Cassidy, look like me."
And I shamefully lowered my gaze. In my hands were my idols.
On my body were their scars. I stood condemned.
But he lifted my face and said, "Because of my great love with which I love you, you are my daughter."
And in his presence, with the intensity of his pure love and righteous, holy wrath satisfied,I rested.
For he has become my Redeemer.
Sing a new song to the Lord!
God, rich in mercy, pulled me out of the pit of sin and death.
While I was still inflicting my body with sin, he freed me.
Once without hope, I have him, perfect Hope.
Once alienated an orphaned, I have a Father.
Why? It makes no sense to me.
Because of the great love with which he loved me.
Sing, oh heart!
Sing a new love song to the Lord!
- Cassidy Summers

No comments: